Because we are authorized distributors we can offer the verifier below MRSP. The Precious Metal Verifier Kit can be used with any kind of metal. Catching one gold fake can more than pay for this machine! It is used to measure the bulk metal in your coins in order to detect and prevent fraud in your precious metals. It can also determine numismatic authenticity.
- The Sigma Metalytics PMV PRO MINI comes with Lenovo Table (plug & play ready to test), carrying case, instruction manual, and charger.
- The MINI does require a display device. We have a base unit only option available #3382 and that does NOT include the tablet. Otherwise you can use an Android Cell phone or windows based tablet or desktop.
- Adjustable reader arm.
- Can be used with any metal.
- Reads the metal bulk not coatings and plating.
- Can read through packaging.
- Very fast 1 second results.
- No wet chemistry, no consumables, no scraping or filing.
- Inexpensive to buy and use.
- Detects and prevents precious metal fraud.
- Can assist in determining numismatic authenticity.
- Easy to use, easy to program for additional sample types.
- Portable long battery life.
- Durable no maintenance required.
This verifier does not destroy or alter your coin in any way. In less than 1 second it sends electromagnetic waves through your coin and confirms its pattern against known samples. For example, pure gold will return a wave pattern that is different than pure silver. You tell the tool what metal you are measuring and it will tell you whether the readings match what is expected.
What it will do is confirm the correct precious metal content for specific coins. What it will not do is tell you the composition of those coins. To provide another example, it will confirm that your coin is pure gold but it cannot tell you the various components of an alloy coin. However, it is able to 'see' through plating. And, you can use it without removing your coin from protective plastic cases.
Note: The PMV is a new and important tool for use in detecting fake
precious metal coins and bars, but can only tell you if the metal
content matches the chosen profile. Check the weight and diameter on
coins as well as the metal content, and examine them for signs that they
may have been altered to look like a key date.
*small fractional gold and coins in "high side" slabs may be too far
away from the slab's surface for the PMV to obtain a reading.
Many standard metals are stored in the Precious Metal Verifier and can be selected by the user. For example, for gold coins the user can select pure gold, 22 K gold, 90% gold, or American eagle gold; for silver, pure silver, sterling silver, 90% silver. and Britannia silver. Pure platinum, palladium, rhodium, and copper also have stored values. Each of these coin and bullion metals will produce a unique reading on the Precious Metal Verifier. Even small changes in alloy make a big difference in the readings on the Precious Metal Verifier.
The Precious Metal Verifier is not recommended to be used for jewelry.